Friday, June 08, 2012

Music Break...Social Distortion

Today on Music Break I am featuring one of my favourite and one of the longest surviving punk bands of all time: Social Distortion. They are fronted by Mike Ness on lead vocals and guitar, a man who is a little bit country, a little bit punk rock and 100% attitude. Their sound was influenced by legends like Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, the Sex Pistols and the Clash. Their music is catchy, yet the lyrics are poignant and are often tales that many can empathize with and relate to. Social Distortion has had success on indie labels and mainstream ones and have built a massive following since their formation way back in 1978.

If anyone is interested, Social Distortion is playing the Sound Academny in Toronto on October 20th. I will be there if I can afford it.

Without further adieu, here are videos of some of Social D's biggest hits:

Story of My Life


When the Angels Sing


Ball and Chain


Machine Gun Blues



Bad Luck



I Was Wrong



Mommy's Little Monster (Live)

No comments:

Post a Comment